"What we have done for ourselves dies with us, what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal." - Albert Pike
Volunteering From the heart
Our volunteers are truly the "heart of hospice" and they are an essential part of our team. A hospice volunteer is a specially trained individual who provides assistance to patients and their families.
They are men and women of all ages and all backgrounds. It takes a very special, caring person to give themselves as unselfishly as our Hospice For All Seasons volunteers do.
There is no cost for training to become a hospice volunteer.
If you would like to be a part of Hospice For All Seasons team, here are some examples of the activities you can assist with:
- Light household chores
- Preparing meals at your home for patients and delivering them
- Pet therapy and pet visits
- Providing help with hair and makeup
- Putting puzzles together
- Help patients tell or write their life stories
- Singing or playing music
- Reading to patient or holding a hand
- Staying with patient while family members take a needed break
- Playing cards
- Clerical and other office duties
- And much, much more
For more information on becoming a volunteer for
Hospice For All Seasons please contact Stefanie Heim, Volunteer Services Manager
(717) 234-2555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
717-234-2555 or 570-573-6204
Toll Free: 855-234-2555
In every season ... we'll be there.